About This Course:
The English Grammar course aims at reviewing the basic structures of English. There are 4 parts. First, the common structures of English will be discussed. Second, the various aspects of the noun of English will be addressed. Third, the course will focus on the verbs of English and their structures. Finally, the last part of the course will then shift to how learners can link ideas and form longer texts such as a paragraph.
The course consists of 22 lessons covering sentence structures, type of nouns, noun modifiers, locations and functions of nouns, guided practice on nouns, types of verbs, tenses, modifiers, verb patterns, linking devices and patterns and paragraph structure.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify different types of sentence structures.
- Recognize and correctly use different types of nouns.
- Identify functions of nouns and correctly use nouns in the right locations and for the right functions.
- Identify and correctly use modifiers to describe nouns.
- Recognize and correctly use different types of verbs.
- Understand the meanings and usages of the English tenses and correctly make use of them.
- Identify and correctly use modifiers to describe verbs.
- Identify different verb pattern by employing various learning strategies introduced.
- Correctly link ideas to form complete meanings.
- Identify parts of a paragraph and produce well-structured paragraphs.
Total hours of learning: 30 hours
Each session: 90 minutes (30 minutes of video lecture and 60 minutes of exercises and self-study)